Oklahoma Farm Bureau will be holding the 2015 Commodity Tour March 25-27 in northeast Oklahoma. The theme for this year’s tour is “Osage to the Ozarks: A Journey through Northeast Oklahoma.”
Those attending the commodity tour will participate in a variety of tours including the Port of Catoosa, Natural Falls State Park, the Pensacola Dam, Will Rogers Museum and the Ted Turner Ranch.
As participants explore the northeast part of Oklahoma, they will also have the opportunity to learn the history and way of life in the area. The tour will also include a focus on industry and commodities in the area.
You can see a detailed agenda of the tour below. For more information, contact Marcia Irvin at 405-323-7602 or Marcia.Irvin@okfb.org.
2015 Commodity Tour Tentative Agenda
Wednesday, March 25
- 8:30 a.m. – Depart the OKFB office in Oklahoma City
- 10:30 a.m. – Tour the Port of Catoosa
- 12:15 p.m. – Shop at Amish Cheese House
- 1 p.m. – Eat at Millers Farm in Chouteau
- 2:45 p.m. – Coblentz Dairy Farm
- 4:30 – Natural Falls State Park
- 7:15 p.m. – Dinner at NEO sponsored by Farm Credit of East Central Oklahoma
- *Stay at Hampton Inn in Miami
Thursday, March 26
- 8:15 a.m. – Leave hotel for Pensacola Dam
- 9 a.m. – Tour the Pensacola Dam
- 1 p.m. – Lunch at Cotton Eye Joe’s in Claremore
- 2:30 p.m. – Will Rogers Museum and Birthplace
- TBA – Dinner at Tony and Kathy Morris’
- *Stay at Holiday Inn Express in Bartlesville
Friday, March 27
- TBA – Lunch