Oklahoma Farm Bureau members are invited to share agriculture with students in their communities by participating in “Read an Accurate Ag Book Day” on Sept. 6, 2019.
Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom invites agriculture leaders across the state to join in the celebration and help ensure young students across the state understand the importance of agriculture in their daily lives.
On Sept. 6, classrooms, school libraries, 4-H clubs, and FFA chapters across Oklahoma will read accurate agriculture books to spread the message of agriculture. All participants who register will have a chance to win a bundle of accurate agriculture books for the school.
The AITC program will provide agriculture leaders with a book to read to students that day. After reading the book, please donate it to the school library.
- Register to participate by completing the form here.
- Read an Accurate Ag Book to a classroom near you on Sept. 6, 2019.
- Take pictures of you reading to the school/class (with permission from the school).
- Post pictures on social media with the hashtags #okagclass and #readagbooks19. Post pictures by Sept. 8 at 11:59 p.m.
- If you are not on social media, email pictures to Audrey.Harmon@ag.ok.gov by Sept. 8 at 11:59 p.m
Participants who complete these steps will provide the school they read to the opportunity to be entered in a random drawing to win a set of accurate ag books.