The Oklahoma Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers committee has awarded nine Oklahoma high school seniors with a $1,000 college scholarship.
Students receiving the scholarships include:
- Lexi Vanderwork, Woodward County, District One
- Arthur “Kole” Lindenfelser, Roger Mills County, District Two
- Tyler Wilkinson, Canadian County, District Three
- Alisa Northcutt, Johnston County, District Four
- Toby Bowles, Bryan County, District Five
- Kaylyn Branen, Rogers County, District Six
- Paden James Day, District Seven
- Tanner Wofford, Hughes County, District Eight
- Taylor Cartmell, Payne County, District Nine
The nine scholarship recipients have a wide variety of career aspirations and haven chosen degrees across the agriculture industry including animal science, agribusiness, agricultural communications, natural resource ecology and management and biochemistry and molecular biology.
Students plan to study at higher-education institutions across the state including Oklahoma State University, Connors State College, Eastern Oklahoma State College and Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
The OKFB YF&R committee each year presents $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors pursuing a degree in agriculture at an Oklahoma accredited institution of higher learning. The scholarship program is open to members of Oklahoma Farm Bureau. To learn more about the program, contact YF&R Coordinator Zac Swartz at 405-523-2300.
Oklahoma Farm Bureau is a grassroots farm organization with more than 80,000 members throughout all 77 Oklahoma counties. Learn more by visiting www.okfarmbureau.org.