The Oklahoma Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee is now accepting applications for its annual $1,000 scholarships for high school seniors who will pursue a higher degree in agriculture after graduation.
Nine $1,000 scholarships, one from each OKFB district, will be awarded to high school seniors pursuing a career in agriculture at an Oklahoma institution of high learning as a full-time student.
Applications must be postmarked no later than April 2, 2020. Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must enroll full time in an agriculture program at an accredited Oklahoma institution of high learning.
- Must be a member of a Farm Bureau family (father, mother or legal guardian memberships qualify; grandparents’, siblings’ or other relatives’ memberships may not be used). Membership must remain in good standing for the duration of the scholarship.
- Children of paid employees of Oklahoma Farm Bureau and Affiliated Companies are not eligible
Applicants must also provide the following materials along with the scholarship application:
- A copy of the applicant’s official high school transcript.
- A copy of the applicant’s resume with activities and honors listed.
- Two character reference letters.
- Three essays (500 words maximum), double-spaced, typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- No. 1: Explain your preferred career and describe why you have chosen it.
- No. 2: How can Farm Bureau encourage young people to engage in agriculture?
- No. 3: Explain how receiving this scholarship will help you achieve your educational goals.
The application can be found on the OKFB website at okfarmbureau.org/applications. For more information, contact OKFB YF&R Coordinator Zac Swartz at (405) 523-2300.